Tuesday, June 7, 2011

In Ten Years We'll Be Talking About Their Fingers

I've gotta tell you, man, this is shaping up to be a weird Stanley Cup Final, man.

As sad as I am that the team I support didn't make it to the Final, I'm glad that I'm not a fan of one of these two teams, because the Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks are the worst first in this series, and despite the tension and drama of the first two games in Vancouver, all the media-yapping has been about the crap.

I mean, ten years from now, are we going to look back on this series and talk about finger biting?

Answer: yup.

And why? Because the players won't let it go away. Alex Burrows, who bit Patrice Bergeron in Game One, Maxim Lapierre, who teasingly offered his fingers for Bergeron to bite in Game Two, and Lord Head-Puncher Milan Lucic, who tried to see if he could make Burrows vomit by giving Burrows the two-fingers-down-the-throat-because-you'll-sleep-better-if-you-puke-up-all-the-vodka-and-clamato-juice-you-drank treatment, are making this series, and this whole damn sport, into a complete joke and a turnoff.

Can I mention that I don't like Milan Lucic? I can't remember watching a game where he didn't punch someone in the head. His victims are actually turned toward him about one-third of the time when receiving their head-punches. I swear to hell, the only workouts this prick does in the off season is eating fist fulls of raw meat and punching walls, tree-trunks, small cars, and camels. Effective player? Who gives a shit. He's a dirty, vicious player, and it's a shame the NHL, who pretends to care about head injuries, allows him one free blindsiding head punch per game. Rant. Over.

Anyway, I understand that things will always get way more out of hand in a blowout like tonight's 8-1 Bruins win, but I would love for the skill of some of these players to be more of a discussion. What is the media buzz about this series? Tim Thomas is awesome, and everybody is doing things with their fingers. Stupid. Embarrassing.

Both teams have dirty players. Hell, most teams have dirty players. But I would hate to see a team end up on top in this series on the strength of having the dirtier players. Apparently Vancouver's Aaron Rome, who clocked Nathan Horton (also dirty) in the head with a late check, will have a suspension hearing tomorrow. Good. Because after Burrows got away suspension-free with that first bite, it seems like everyone has been acting like their are no consequences for being a complete idiot.

(Gosh. Fired up. Good to get that out of my system.)

1 comment:

  1. This blog is always talking about the fingers. I swear to hell, the only workouts this prick does in the off season is eating fist full’s of raw meat and punching walls, tree-trunks, small cars, and camels.

    ReplyDelete